Naples North Rotary

Contact the Club

P.O. Box 1307

Naples, Florida 34106

@2018 by Naples North Rotary. Proudly created by Our Members

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Flickr Social Icon

Organized April 29, 1969 –
– Chartered June 24, 1969 –

April 4, 1969 Governor Leslie Anderson of District 696 from Winter Park, Florida, spoke at a Board meeting of the Naples Rotary Club. The members of this club were in need of a nearby Rotary Club to facilitate make-ups. They were all in favor of a new club in the north part of Naples. A committee consisting of co-Chairmen Leonard King and Vince Wood was appointed to proceed with the details of forming the provisional club with directions to have it a breakfast club so Naples club members could make up and not lose golf or business.

– In the beginning…

 

May 1, 1969 the provisional club was assigned the territory from Mooring Line Drive north to the city limits and from the Gulf to the east city limits. Tad Frazer was president of the Naples Rotary Club at that time. Naples North Rotary Club was chartered on the night of June 24, 1969. Since the beginning, the new club has grown into a very viable organization with a yearly project of recognizing outstanding students in cooperative education and presenting the students with cash awards usable by the students for any purpose to enhance their careers. Leonard King and Vincent Wood, members of the Naples Rotary Club, agreed to become charter members of the Naples North Rotary Club to help the club during its first year.

About Us